profile

Cecilia Lanny Winata
Aliases: Lanny/Cecilia/Xenopus
Location: Singapore
Occupation: Grad Student, National University of Singapore
Interests: Zen, Martial Arts, Japanese Culture and philosophy, Life Sciences, Religious philosophy, Christianity
Hobbies: exploring new places, learning new things, walking (preferably outdoors), cooking, eating good food, home making, swimming, sea sports, anime (Naruto being the best by far), good music to accompany my different moods, and good books to read
Schools/Past Affiliations: TK Bunda Hati Kudus, Jakarta (Kindergarten); SD Bintang Kejora, Jakarta (Primary 1-2, 4-6); Ironside State School, Brisbane, Australia (Primary 3-4); SLTP Santa Ursula, Jakarta (Secondary School); SMU Santa Ursula (High School); Indonesia International Taekwon-Do Federation (Jelambar, Jakarta); National University of Singapore



archives

November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
October 2006
January 2007
August 2007
January 2008
March 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
September 2009



affiliates

5h4d0w's Lair
My old Friendster blog








credits

skin by: Jane
Friday, June 13, 2008 @ 11:24 AM
The 'male' instinct

A question for the male gender: which is the more painful (I mean as in really heart pain) event in your life: being left by your girlfriend or watching a (your) child cry?

Another question for the male gender: which book is more interesting for you: the “men are from mars women from venus” thingy, or one that is titled something like “how to understand babies behaviour”?

I guess many of us are all too familiar with the “men are from mars, women from venus” thingy, and we all (through observations in animals) speculate how our primitive nature may be. Yes, we may be monkeys in the past, we may evolve from animals, and some of our primitive instincts may be left inside of us. These include the nature of the male sex who are only concerned about passing on their genes, while the female is left to do the job of rearing the offsprings. Although this may be untrue for certain animals (e.g. penguins, some species of frogs, and certain beetles), our closest relatives according to Darwin (i.e. monkeys), as well as most mammals, stick to this rule. So I guess it may be reason enough for me to assume that the statement two sentences ago applies to us as well.

My point is that I hate this. I hate being a human. I hate to acknowledge that we still harbor certain primitive instincts, and yet we have the conscience to realize that it may be problematic for the way our social rules are structured, and yet, we can’t do anything about it because it our primitive instincts… ARGH!

On a ligher note, I am curious to know whether there are men who are… different. I mean, all the men I became close with always turn out to be a… being… inseparable from their primitive nature. Meanwhile, I do know certain men whom I seem to be close with, who seem to be… more evolved in their nature. Is it just because I don’t actually know him that well? Who knows… Right now, I am honestly tempted to complain to the primitive men that “If it was him, he would do otherwise…”, but I guess it would be rather problematic for our social lives.

Apologies to all members of the male sex. I’m just a member of the opposite sex trying to cope with her own befuddlement of certain behaviours of your group member. And besides, I just submitted my manuscript draft to my supervisor… so I have nothing to do while my brain is still accustomed to intense activity for the past few days…



0 Comments:

Post a Comment