profile

Cecilia Lanny Winata
Aliases: Lanny/Cecilia/Xenopus
Location: Singapore
Occupation: Grad Student, National University of Singapore
Interests: Zen, Martial Arts, Japanese Culture and philosophy, Life Sciences, Religious philosophy, Christianity
Hobbies: exploring new places, learning new things, walking (preferably outdoors), cooking, eating good food, home making, swimming, sea sports, anime (Naruto being the best by far), good music to accompany my different moods, and good books to read
Schools/Past Affiliations: TK Bunda Hati Kudus, Jakarta (Kindergarten); SD Bintang Kejora, Jakarta (Primary 1-2, 4-6); Ironside State School, Brisbane, Australia (Primary 3-4); SLTP Santa Ursula, Jakarta (Secondary School); SMU Santa Ursula (High School); Indonesia International Taekwon-Do Federation (Jelambar, Jakarta); National University of Singapore



archives

November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
October 2006
January 2007
August 2007
January 2008
March 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
September 2009



affiliates

5h4d0w's Lair
My old Friendster blog








credits

skin by: Jane
Monday, January 14, 2008 @ 7:15 AM
The lab at night

It is 11.15 at night in the lab. Everything is quiet, apart from occasional rumblings of certain equipments. I'm here alone, with the fishies, writing another blog entree. The lab seems so different at night. It's peaceful, silent, and rather scary. But I like it better this way. I can focus more, and everything seems to slow down.

My advisor's office, which always seems authoritatively fearsome, is now still and empty, and so are my colleagues' desks. I can't see my mentor in her usual place, where she would often appear rather anxious, staring at her computer screen. My Ukrainian colleague who is usually so serious-looking and hardworking, and my Russian colleague who always seems so calm and fatherly are nowhere to be seen. My cheerful Spanish colleague who is expecting, and a Singaporean colleague sitting next to her who is also a young mother, no one would expect them to be here, away from their beloved families, at this hour. Another Singaporean colleague who often appears angry and irritated, my three other colleagues with their happy faces and merry noises, can't be seen nor heard at this moment. The internship students who are helping us are also not here. I am the only one here, and the fishies are the only company I have right now.

I await the time I can finish my experiment for the night. One more hour to 1 am, and I'll be heading home to rest for the coming day. Next day will be another busy day, and I'm truly blessed to have all these works to do.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment