|
profile Cecilia Lanny Winata Aliases: Lanny/Cecilia/Xenopus Location: Singapore Occupation: Grad Student, National University of Singapore Interests: Zen, Martial Arts, Japanese Culture and philosophy, Life Sciences, Religious philosophy, Christianity Hobbies: exploring new places, learning new things, walking (preferably outdoors), cooking, eating good food, home making, swimming, sea sports, anime (Naruto being the best by far), good music to accompany my different moods, and good books to read Schools/Past Affiliations: TK Bunda Hati Kudus, Jakarta (Kindergarten); SD Bintang Kejora, Jakarta (Primary 1-2, 4-6); Ironside State School, Brisbane, Australia (Primary 3-4); SLTP Santa Ursula, Jakarta (Secondary School); SMU Santa Ursula (High School); Indonesia International Taekwon-Do Federation (Jelambar, Jakarta); National University of Singapore archives November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 April 2006 May 2006 August 2006 October 2006 January 2007 August 2007 January 2008 March 2008 June 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 affiliates 5h4d0w's Lair My old Friendster blog credits skin by: Jane |
Monday, January 07, 2008 @ 11:07 PM
I've been great, thank you! Let’s just recall what and how I’ve been doing for the past few months… Work-wise: I’m proud to have submitted my first paper to quite a cool journal, eventhough it got rejected one month after it landed on the editor’s desk and going around to several reviewers. Nevertheless, the critics weren’t that nasty. I’ve seen worse reviews. Hopefully I can perform their suggested follow up works quickly, at least before I start writing my thesis and intiating the (long) process of graduation. Several curious miracles occurred, one of the most enlightening was the sudden appearance of a particular fish mutant line (which I needed badly and thought that I had lost them forever) under my ownership. I guess that time was the first time I praised God (almost) verbally and sang praises, in front of thousands of fishes, in the fish facility… after so long. Yep, I did that before, long… long time ago. Family-wise: We’re proud to have performed a successful combined cloning experiment of ourselves, resulting in a hybrid individual which we named Gabriel (the only choice left since we already had the other two archangels, eventhough from a slightly distinct genetic background) Kenji (a Japanese name, because we thought it’s rather cool to have a Japanese name) Santana (after the surname of the person who initiated the project). We are still in the tiresome process of learning how to optimize the living conditions, as well as how to maintain (and keep up with the continuous wailing of) this creature, but the whole experience has been more than enlightening and fun. Financial-wise: We are also very excited to move in to our brand new home in Clementi Avenue 1 (a few blocks from our ol’ lovely Holy Cross Church), which is also undergoing an en bloc with the new flat to be ready by mid 2011. Eventhough it cost us almost all of our cash, a large amount of our parents’ savings, our trip to Manado, our near future plans to take up diving more seriously, and it would probably be the largest loan we’re ever going to take in our life, we’re quite optimistic that it would be a fruitful investment in the future, considering the plans for the area’s development which consists of a bus interchange with an actual shopping mall integrated (Finally! an actual shopping mall besides Jurong Point along the western MRT line!). It’s good to finally have an address we don’t need to change every year, and not having to visit the police office each time we change our address. Entertainment-wise: We’ve just watched a Japanese animation titled “Vexille”. Although the storyline was simple (typical of Japanese pure animation action movies), it has got great graphics, cool character design, and nice music. Quite an enjoyable movie worthy of a $8.50 ticket. Nevertheless, we’ve got a free pair of Ever since our cloning experiment have been temporarily taken over by an overseas partner (i.e. our parents) since November, most probably until we settle in our new home, we have been making use of the time at our hands to explore our neighborhood as well as the island. Since my partner is not a food enthusiast (which I am rather thankful), we don’t perform food hunts as what most people do in We have also visited Chek Jawa and Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve. Apart from the myriads of mudskippers and fiddler crabs, the tranquility of the area is worth a visit for those looking for quietness. We were expecting to see more than just the two organisms mentioned, unfortunately either due to our lack of observation skills or the wrong time of the year, we didn’t see much. The monitor lizards in SBNR, however, are one of the nicer things to observe. They lay on the rocks, basking under the sun, with their fat bellies and short limbs – simply cute. We also revisited All in all, eventhough we’re rather financially restricted (at least until we settle the final installment for our flat’s downpayment next month) to travel overseas to some fanciful places, we enjoyed Social-wise: I’ve realized that due to our family commitments, I have been neglecting many of my friends, and I feel horrible about that. I miss all of my friends, and hope that we can catch up sometimes… Religious-wise: I’ve not been involved with any church activities lately. I guess I’m just too lazy. Talk about church, there is a particular experience I’d like to share, and I promise you it’s not going to be a pleasing one, especially for the good ol’ catholics out there <*grinz*> … I guess I’ll put it in my next entrée, under a different title… 0 Comments: |