profile
Cecilia Lanny Winata
Aliases: Lanny/Cecilia/Xenopus
Location: Singapore
Occupation: Grad Student, National University of Singapore
Interests: Zen, Martial Arts, Japanese Culture and philosophy, Life Sciences, Religious philosophy, Christianity
Hobbies: exploring new places, learning new things, walking (preferably outdoors), cooking, eating good food, home making, swimming, sea sports, anime (Naruto being the best by far), good music to accompany my different moods, and good books to read
Schools/Past Affiliations: TK Bunda Hati Kudus, Jakarta (Kindergarten); SD Bintang Kejora, Jakarta (Primary 1-2, 4-6); Ironside State School, Brisbane, Australia (Primary 3-4); SLTP Santa Ursula, Jakarta (Secondary School); SMU Santa Ursula (High School); Indonesia International Taekwon-Do Federation (Jelambar, Jakarta); National University of Singapore
archives
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
October 2006
January 2007
August 2007
January 2008
March 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
September 2009
affiliates
5h4d0w's Lair
My old Friendster blog
credits
skin by: Jane
|
Thursday, November 17, 2005 @ 10:48 PM
On crayfishes and ice boxes
Thursday, November 17, 2005 (A 3-letter name). What is with him? I have been thinking of him lately, even dreamt about him last night. Why him? Is it just because we’re stuck in the same work together these few days? Just the two of us, in a dirty secluded lab surrounded by dense vegetation, bugs, lizards, zebrafishes and crayfishes (those poor creatures we love to torture…), cutting up fishes together and laughing ourselves silly. Well, he’s funny, pleasant to have around, and he’s nice – in a general sense. But most importantly, he makes me laugh. His jokes may be rather cold, sadistic, and gross (think Southpark's Eric Cartman) at times…well, most of the time actually… but he makes me laugh like no one else can. Sounds stupid coming from a seemingly demure girl like me? Not too sure, I found myself quite similar sometimes… love those intelligent, bitter, and cynical jokes, but laughing myself stupid beats all, and he fits perfectly. Never thought I’d be infatuated with someone in MY LAB… Gosh! My LAB!!! …. Oh well, he’s different from most lab people. He’s a Singaporean, he’s fun, he’s friendly, and he’s funny. He’s the only one person in the lab whom my mind doesn’t associate with the stress of work. Every morning I would see him holding his daily dose of caffeine, eyes half closed, sluggishly saying good morning while forcing a grin. I just can’t help but smile (on the outside, while laughing like hell inside). Something about him just lights up my mood. But why is it only now that I start to feel something? WHY NOW??? Damn! Wrong person again. He is like the most impossible person to connect with. I don’t even mix well with my lab people, while he’s stuck to them. Nevertheless, he easily gets close to everyone. He has a charming personality (OK, this is OBVIOUSLY a biased statement, but what the heck). I can’t help myself wondering whether he already belongs to someone, I bet she must be a very lucky girl. Wonder what his life is like, what he likes to do, where he usually hangs out, etc. Wonder how it would be like to have his company, getting to know him better. Sighz… Ok, it’s no good hoping for something that’s almost impossible… to try reaching for the moon… I’d better be back to my studying… while waiting for the moment I’d see him again tomorrow <*grinz*>….
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
|